Scope of Cleanup Protocol (COVID-19)
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is always here to help our community!
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is committed to helping our community. Our team is continuously monitoring the situation of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As we continue to learn more about the pandemic, SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio wants to ensure to our community that we are here to help during this time.
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio can perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection where the customer states that there is no active known threat of COVID-19 contamination or exposure The customer will be required to acknowledge that cleaning and disinfecting will only apply to the current state of the structure and contents. The structure would not be protected from future COVID-19 contamination if an infected person was to enter and occupy the building.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and tables at the minimum. These same surfaces are mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces as well, including:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Shelving and Racks
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and rugs
- Stair handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground equipment
- Fitness equipment
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is always here to help!
Common toilet problems and plumbing issues can lead to water damage in a business. Over time, plumbing issues can cause quite a bit of problems if not maintained regularly. By taking care of toilet issues as soon as possible plumbing problems occur is the best way to prevent further related water damage. If this is not taken care immediately costly repairs may appear. The following may cause toilets to overflow in your business:
- A drain line becomes clogged
• The septic field is not percolating
• Sewer damage occurs somewhere in the system’s lines due to issues such as tree roots or foreign objects causing a clog
• A low flow toilet is not able to handle the demands of your household
• The trap between the drain line and the toilet bowl becomes blocked
If you were to experience a toilet overflow in your business, it is best to dry up the accumulated water in the affected areas. However, depending on the extent of the leak caused by a toilet overflow, consider calling a company that specializes in restoration. Here at SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio, we provide appropriate safety measures and steps during the cleanup process and will restore your business quickly!
That can Cause Water Damage?
Making it “Like it never even happened.”
There are many ways to have water damage occur in your home. Potential water losses may include:
Ruptured or leaking pipes
Household appliances malfunctions
Cracks in the infrastructure of the building or home
Different contributions may lead to water damage in a home or business. When the cause of loss is figured out, it is imperative to take immediate action to ensure further damage is not caused. If you have experienced any kind of water damage in your home or business, SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio has the knowledge and equipment to help take care of the water damage in your home or business. No matter what the issue is, here at SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio, our team is dedicated making it “Like it never even happened.”
Preparing for Rains in San Antonio
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is always here to help!
Over the last few weeks, there has been quite a bit of rainfall. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio has worked on different sites due to the amount of rain that the city has seen. Several customers have called during after-hours due to leaks caused by the excess rain. Although these leaks are unavoidable at times, our goal is to help you be prepared before the next rainy day comes. To help avoid potential rainwater intruding into your home use these precautions:
Regularly inspect and maintain your gutters
Check for holes, leaks, and rust on your roof
Weatherstrip windows and doors when rain is in the forecast
Check your downspouts
Have trees trimmed
When it comes to storms, SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is always here to help. We are dedicated to helping our community when disaster strikes. If you have any questions regarding potential water or storm damage in your home, give our trusted train professionals a call (210) 653-4651.
Washing Machine Overflow Prevention Tips
Our team is faster to any size water damage and is dedicated to helping you when disaster strikes!
There are many appliances that can cause water damage to residential property. One appliance includes a washing machine. Although they are highly efficient in our chores, they can also cause a major headache when a washing machine floods in a home it can be a costly repair. In order to prevent a costly repair, take some actions to reduce the risk of a leaking washer. Below are a few tips to prevent future water damage in your home:
- Overloaded machine - A common reason to have a leaking water machine is because the machine has been overfilled. Have a limit to prevent a water overflow
- Worn out hoses – If you are using an older washing machine, the gasket hose can become brittle over time and cause a leak. It is important to do a maintenance check every once in a while, to reduce any water damages
- Excessive suds – Too much detergent can cause extra suds which can lead to some overflow and cause water damage.
Fast action is required when there is a leaking washer machine. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is a trained professional team that has the tools and experience to help meet with your restoration needs. Our team is faster to any size water damage and is dedicated to helping you when disaster strikes! Call us at (210) 653-4651.
Prevent dryer fires by doing a regular maintenance check!
Washing and drying clothes are common routines. But did you know that dryers are responsible for a significant number of damages and injuries? According to the United States Fire Administration, every year clothes dryer fires account for over $100 million in losses.
It is crucial to take care of your dryer and do regular maintenance. Most driers do come with lint traps or filters that catch the lint. The majority of the fires that are caused by driers occur as a result of flammable lint getting caught in the vent and overheating which leads to the fire.
Use these tips to prevent dryer fires from occurring in your home:
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter
- Clean out lint filters before every load
- Keep the area around your dryer clear of things that can burn, like boxes, cleaning supplies and clothing
- Have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional
- Make sure the air exhaust vent pipe is not restricted
- Make sure the right plug and outlet are used, and that the machine is connected properly
- Do not overload the dryer
- Turn the dryer off if you leave home or when you go to bed
Call a trusted restoration company – while everything may seem to be dry, it’s the water that you don’t see that can possibly create further damages to your home. Our team here at SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio has the tools and equipment to help meet your restoration needs. Our team is faster to any water damage disaster and is able to eliminate the standing water with our effective methods. Give us a call 210-653-4651 we are available 24 hours 7 days a week!
Tips to Prepare for a Flood
Stay prepared just in case a flood happens in your community.
Storms occur with sometimes, little to no warning, in which case can make it difficult to plan how to prepare. It is common to see a storm with heavy downpours of rain causing flooding in the most protected neighborhoods. Do you know what to do during a flood? SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio has a few tips for you to follow in case an event was to happen:
- Be prepared, create an evacuation plan
- Learn and identify different evacuation routes to be able to evacuate quickly
- If public transportation is relied on, contact the local emergency management for evacuation information
- Turn Around, Don't Drown! ® Moving water above two feet can knock you down; one foot of water can move vehicles away
- Move to higher ground if there is a chance of flash flooding
- Driving during high rainfalls can be extremely dangerous. Stay updated by checking service announcements through the National Weather Service.
For more information about flooding, visit https://www.ready.gov/floods. Be proactive and create an evacuation plan to keep safe. It is very important to stay updated when it comes to natural disasters. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio values our community; we are here to help when disaster strikes!
Call the Professionals at SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio when Water Damage Strikes
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio has the equipment and knowledge to help your business when water damage strikes!
If your business finds water intruding your office building, give SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio a call. A team of trained professionals will be dispatched right away to aid you in this stressful situation.
Before help arrives, here are a few tips to follow:
- Shut off the water source if it has been identified
- Do NOT use a regular vacuum to remove water
- Call insurance company
- Remove excess water by mopping or blotting
- Place aluminum foil or woodblock under furniture legs.
After our team arrives, a thorough walkthrough will be done to access the damages. Our company has the equipment and knowledge for these kinds of situation and practice the IICRC standards of drying.
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is the water restoration specialists and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. By calling the SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio team, our crew will get your business back up and running in no time. Our team is dedicated to help companies when disaster strikes, give the professionals a call (281) 313-1338!
Small Water Damages Become Nightmare for Business
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio has the equipment and tools to help dry out the water damage in your business!
What happens when those small water damages go unnoticed, or moisture soaks into a building’s structural components where it cannot be detected by the naked eye? These incidents may sound relatively harmless, but given time, excess moisture can lead to serious problems.
In as little as 24 to 48 hours, microscopic mold spores, naturally present in all structures, can grow into visible mold. Fueled by the moisture, these fungi feed on a variety of building subcomponents including wood, paint, paper, carpet padding, and contents.
While the debate rages on regarding impact mold have on human health, mold and mildew growth are recognized as major contributors to indoor air quality problems. These nightmares happen every day as a direct result of those small water damages that gradually take their toll on buildings and homes. The recipe for disaster is the combination of excess moisture, a food source for mold found in organic building materials (such as wood, drywall, some types of insulation), and a time delay in removing the moisture.
Give SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio a call if you have more questions about mold remediation today. Our team is dedicated to help your business!
Fireplace Safety Tips
Stay warm but safe this holiday season!
Everyone enjoys a good fire around the fireplace when temperatures have fallen. What’s not to enjoy about feeling cozy and warm during the winter months? Fireplaces may be used to provide warmth during this time of year. But have you considered that this could be a potential fire hazard? Listed below are some tips about fireplace safety to use to keep you and your family safe.
- Crack open a window while the fire is burning.
- Be sure the damper or flue is open before lighting or starting a fire, and until embers have completely stopped burning, to draw smoke out of the house.
- Check the damper by looking up into the chimney with a flashlight or mirror.
- Use smaller pieces of dry and well-aged wood for home fire safety, avoiding wet or green wood, which causes more smoke and soot buildup in the chimney.
- Have a professional check the chimney annually.
- When cleaning a fireplace, remove ashes from previous fires, keeping levels to 1 inch or less for less smoke
- Check for animal nests or other blockages that could prevent smoke from escaping.
- Make sure the area around the fireplace is clear of anything that is potentially flammable.
- Never leave a fire in the fireplace unattended and be sure it’s completely out before going to bed or leaving the house.
- Home fireplace safety should include keeping a fire extinguisher on hand.
Fire damage can be devastating and SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio understands the stress that comes with it. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is dedicated to helping you. If you face any winter storm damages, give our team a call (210) 653-4651 and we’ll be there to make it “Like it never even happened.”