Air Duct Cleaning in San Antonio
Consider putting air duct cleaning on your to-do list. Why is getting your air ducts cleaned so important you ask; there are quite a few reasons actually. Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. Make it a priority to inspect the duct work of your home or business. If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating dust, pollen, odors, dirt and debris, and/or other contaminants.
Dirty can circulate odors, contaminants like mold and irritating dust throughout a home By inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC), this will help clean can extend the life of the equipment.
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio recommends addressing any indoor air quality concerns, although it may not be required. Our team is highly trained and certified and can assist you with duct cleaning and mold remediation. We are dedicated to helping make disasters "Like it never even happened."
Summer Vacation? Protect your Home!
Summer break is almost over but there is still time left for everyone to take a vacation! Summertime is the prime time to travel and a survey shows about one-third of American families are taking the opportunity this summer to go on a summer vacation. But in case of an unexpected disaster, be sure to have your home prepared. Below is a list of things to do to make sure your home is secure when you're off spending time with your family on vacation.
Make arrangements with an Emergency Contact:
- Close friend or neighbor
- Provide emergency contact
- Turn on porch lights
- Collect mail - burglars look for home's with overflowing mail
Protecting your Home:
- Consider getting motion sensor lights, this way, if anyone gets too close to your home, lights will automatically turn on.
- Purchasing an electric timer may be helpful for your home. This allows you to save energy and keep your electricity bill cost lower.
- Keep watch, use the emergency contact above to keep an eye on your home and check it each day to make sure everything is okay.
- A security system is one of the best ways to protect your home while on vacation
Taking Additional Precautions:
- Shut off gas and water at the meter, supply tank or appliance
- Turn off all water valves to any the appliance with waterline
- Unplug all electronics to prevent any electrical shortages
- Make sure smoke detectors working properly before leaving
- Adjust your thermostats to 75-82 degrees, this will help control air usage.
- Be careful what you say. Leaving for vacation is exciting but saying too much may create your home as a target for invasion. Resist the temptation to broadcast your vacation on social media - tell your friends after you return.
- Tell your alarm company- alert the company you will be out of town, especially on an extended trip.
- Lock everything down and secure valuables.
Don't let your summer vacation turn into a water staycation. If an unexpected water event or disaster happens, you know who to call. Give a ring to SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio at (210) 653-4651. We're always ready for whatever happens!
Understanding the Dangers of Floods
As we move into the heart of hurricane season, we all need to be mindful that August and September are the busiest months for both Tropical Storms and Hurricanes. Even with a slow start to the season, Mother Nature can change her mind very abruptly! How are you prepared for a hurricane? What about what comes after a hurricane? It is common to see a storm with heavy downpours of rain causing flooding in the most protected neighborhoods. Do you know what to do during a flood? SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio has a few tips for you to follow in case an event was to happen:
- Be prepared, create an evacuation plan
- Learn and identify different evacuation routes to be able to evacuate quickly
- If public transportation is relied on, contact the local emergency management for evacuation information
- Turn Around, Don't Drown! ® Moving water above two feet can knock you down; one foot of water can move vehicles away
- Move to higher ground if there is a chance of flash flooding
- Driving during high rainfalls can be extremely dangerous. Stay updated by checking service announcements through the National Weather Service.
For more information about flooding, visit https://www.ready.gov/floods. Be proactive and create an evacuation plan to keep safe. It is very important to stay up to date when it comes to natural disasters. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio values our community; we are here to help when disaster strikes!
Protect Your Home from Potential Water Damage
Water damage is one of the most common disruptions for homeowners. It usually happens at a time when you least expect it. Luckily SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio has some tips on how you can protect your home from the unexpected water damage!
- Irreplaceable valuables should be protected. Try to waterproof them by sealing them and storing them in a higher place.
- Monitor your drains. Make sure they are clean and clear for water flow.
- Make sure your roof is sealed and protected. Regularly monitor it to make sure water does not leak through holes or cracks.
- Monitor your tiles and grout in heavily wet areas such as the bathroom and kitchen. Look for cracks and re-seal if necessary.
- Monitor your appliance hoses.
- Turn off your water before a long trip away.
- Regularly have your water heater serviced.
These are just some of the small tips that could help prevent major water damage in your home. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is always here to help!
Hurricane Season Begins
Hurricanes can be very destructive. As hurricane season begins June 1st, create a plan and communicate it with family members. These plans should include having a clear plan of knowing what to do before the storms hits and whom to contact after the hurricane strikes.
Take precaution to learn about your community's routes and identify potential options. Do not ignore evacuation orders.
- Put together an emergency plan
Build a supply kit, gather supplies in advance that will help keep you and your family safe during and after the hurricane has passed. Stock non-perishable foods, water, medication, flashlights, and batteries as part of your kit.
- Put together an emergency plan
Planning ahead and preparing for a hurricane in advance, can help reduce property damage. Protect windows with plywood boards or storm shutters. Take in or secure any outside objects.
- Take action to protect your property
Do not wait for a hurricane watch to be issued, to minimize impact, begin preparations now. Put SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio in your emergency contacts. Our team is ready with the proper equipment and trained professionals to restore any damages that are caused by the storm. Remember, SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is always here to help, give us a call (210) 653-4651
Without any kind of warning, disaster can strike your home or business. Immediate response is crucial especially when it comes to water damages! There are three different classifications of water that can cause a loss in a home. The three types of water classification are defined as the following:
Clean water – does not contain waste products and can present a few health risks. Sources of clean water include burst pipes, defective appliances, hot water heater leaks and rain or snow entering through a leaky roof.
Gray water – carries waste products but does not include human waste or present the hazard of spreading diseases. Sources of gray water include overflowing washing machines, dishwashers, and bathtubs.
Black water – carries products and disease-causing organisms. Sources of black water include flood water and sewage backups. Black water losses pose serious health threats, and the damage is generally more severe.
At SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio, our team understands that dealing with water damage is highly stressful. Our trained technicians are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Do not hesitate to give our trained professionals at SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio a call if you are experiencing any kind of water damage in your home or business.
Tornado Tips from SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio
It is important to understand the difference between a tornado watch and a tornado warning to help protect you and loved ones.
When a tornado watch is issued, this means a tornado is possible in the area.
When a tornado warning is issued, this means a tornado has been sighted and may be headed toward your area.
Tornadoes are dangerous and can be spawned by a thunderstorm or produced as a result of a hurricane. According to the National Hurricane Center, studies show that more than half of the landfalling hurricanes produce at least one tornado. If a tornado strikes your home or area, know what to do. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio has provided a few tips to help keep our community safe!
- Wait for an all-clear announcement from the National Weather Service or local news before leaving your home, business, or shelter.
- Be very cautious and on the watch for downed utility lines. Do not approach or touch downed utility lines.
- Check water heater and appliances for damage. For safety purposes, use a flashlight, not matches or candles.
- Use bottled water or boil tap water before drinking until you are told the water supply is safe.
- Driving may be hazardous due to debris in the streets, downed power lines, and flooding. If flooding is a potential hazard, stay away from the rivers and streams.
- Inspect car, home, or business both inside and outside for damage. List any damages that you can find and document the damages with pictures if possible.
- Walk through your home or business and conduct an inventory of damaged items and belongings.
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio - Biohazard Cleanup
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is fully trained and specialized in the cleaning and disposal of biohazard contents and affected materials in the San Antonio area.
When it comes to a biohazard situation, SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio knows best how to handle a situation like this. Protection is important to our employees because removal of biohazard materials can cause serious health consequences.
Our crew is equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products. Specialized training and experience are key when choosing a cleanup company to resolve these circumstances. Here at SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio, we can help transform these unhealthy environments back into clean, safe homes and offices. We can restore your home or business back to its preloss conditions. Give us a call if you need any biohazard cleanup services – (210) 573-6000. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is always here to help, making sure “Like it never even happened.”
Types of Mold
What is mold you ask? Mold is a type of fungi that exist everywhere and only need moisture and a compatible surface to survive. With that being said, there are many different species of mold. Some types of mold can be unharmful while others can be toxic. It is important to know the type of mold you may be dealing with if there is mold growth in your home or business. Each type has different unique characteristics and growth patterns. Below are a few common kinds of mold species found in homes or business:
Acremonium: Found on dead plants and soil, it grows indoors on paper and drywall tiles
Alternaria: Commonly found on food, plants, rotting farmland manure and is resistant to most fungicides.
Aspergillus: There are many species of Aspergillus
Botrytis: Associated with plants, high humidity levels and plenty of plants attract this mold.
Here at SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio, our technicians receive advanced training to deal with mold issues in a home or business. Committed to providing excellent services, SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio has the technology and crew to help you make it “Like it never even happened.”
Air Duct Cleaning Benefits
Is it worth having your air ducts clean? Getting the ventilation systems inspected should be a high priority on your to-do list. In most cases, the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system have been operating for some time without attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold and irritating dust throughout your business or home.
Clean air ducts benefits:
- Eliminates offensive odors
- Reduces potential mold growth
- Remediates bacteria, fungi and mold
- Restore peak energy efficiency
- Lowers indoor air pollution
A routine part of the SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio service is inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC system and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may save you money.