Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If you are dealing with water damage in your home or business do not wait until it’s too late. Give the professionals a call at SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio before more damage is caused to your home or business.
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is the water removal and water cleanup, specialist. Our trained professionals are ready to help your San Antonio business or home when water leaks cause water damage. We have the water removal equipment and advanced drying techniques to quickly get your property to its preloss conditions. As we are drying out the affected areas our team will give you an up to date report on the drying process to ensure the job is done correctly. If you have any questions about water damages in your home or business don’t wait, give us a call now! We are always here to help!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (210) 653-4651
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.