Space Heater Safety
Cold temperatures call for some residents to seek out other heat sources in an effort to keep living spaces comfortable. The most common supplemental heat source is a portable space heater. Space heaters are easy to use and can quickly generate heat to warm up a home from a real cold day. Consider the following tips to minimize the risks of a heating-related fire in your home:
- Keep it three feet away from anything that can burn
- Do not use extension cords
- Turn off the space heater when leaving the room or going to bed
- Don't use a space heater in a damp or wet area unless it's specifically made for that purpose
- Install smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and test monthly
If you or anyone you know experiences fire damage, give SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio a call. Our highly trained technicians are certified and have years of experience. We are always here to help!