Classification of Water
Without warning, emergencies can strike. A toilet overflow or a sewage back up is possible issues in a home. Immediate response is critical especially when water damage strikes. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio will come to your home and inspect the contaminated water to determine the classification and the necessary steps needed for the situation. There are three different major classifications of water which are the following:
Category 1: Clean Water
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated can degrade into category 2 or 3
Category 2: Gray Water
- May contain bacteria and viruses - may include washing machine overflow; toilet overflow with some urine, but no feces; or dishwasher overflow.
- It can quickly degrade into category 3 if left untreated.
Category 3: Black Water
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
When it comes to toilet overflows or sewage back up, call a professional immediately. Our team of professionals at SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is available 24/7 to help you when disaster strikes.