Water Damage Timeline
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
- Water quickly spreads throughout the property, saturating everything in its path
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish
- Furniture begins to swell and crack
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain
- A musty odor appears
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp
- Metal begins to rust and corrode
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold
- Paint begins to blister
- Wood flooring swells and warps
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost may increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. Give us a call if you have any questions (210) 653-4651!
Flooding Safety Tips
It is common to see a storm with heavy down pours of rain causing flooding in the most protected neighborhoods. Do you know what to do during a flood? SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio has a few tips for you to follow in case an event was to happen:
- Be prepared, create an evacuation plan
- Learn and identify different evacuation routes to be able to evacuate quickly
- If public transportation is relied on, contact the local emergency management for evacuation information
- Turn Around, Don't Drown! ® Moving water above two feet can knock you down; one foot of water can move vehicles away
- Move to higher ground if there is a chance of flash flooding
- Driving during high rain falls can be extremely dangerous. Stay update by checking service announcements through the National Weather Service.
For more information about flooding, visithttps://www.ready.gov/floods. Be proactive and create an evacuation plan to keep safe. It is very important to stay up date when it comes to natural disasters. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio values our community; we are here to help when disaster strikes!
Mold Remediation in Northeast San Antonio
Mold is one of the most challenging issues you can encounter as a property owner. It can be difficult to detect at first, and if left untreated, it has the potential to cause big problems. Once there are signs that mold levels have a certain point, it’s time to consider professional mold remediation. Below are a few reasons why you should consider mold remediation while dealing with mold in your home or business:
- Taking care of your health: Over time, any exposure to mold can lead to many different health problems. Different symptoms can develop; mold can trigger asthma and allergic reactions, as well as induce respiratory complications.
- Avoid serious damage: If untreated, mold will continue to spread and eventually cause more destruction. When mold is not removed early enough, it can compromise the structural integrity of a home or business and damage beyond repair.
- To prevent future mold growth: The purpose of mold remediation is to significantly reduce the amount of mold currently present in a structure.
Mold remediation is a worthwhile investment that will protect your property, health, and finances. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio have the equipment and knowledge to also provide solutions that will help to keep mold from reappearing to such an extent in the future. If there is any suspicion that you have extensive mold growth in your home or business, contact SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio at (210) 653-4651.
What to do Until Help Arrives
Have you ever experienced water damage in your home? Each time a house is damaged by water, the type and/or amount of damage can be different and requires different and unique solution. When sewer water enters your home, it may contain bacteria, viruses, and other microbes that can cause illness. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Victoria has the right equipment and specialized training to quickly fix any problems. While you're waiting for our services, here are some helpful things to do and not until help has arrived.
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily damaged or we areas
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if they have been exposed to the contaminated areas.
We understand the stress and worry that comes with water damage and we are here to minimize the interruption of your business. Give SERVPRO of Victoria a call (361) 573-6000 if your company experiences water damage!
Winterize Your Business
The winter months may call for some businesses to take some standard precautionary measures to help protect their company. These measures include basic maintenance checks and preparation to help ensure your business and employees remain safe. A few tips include:
- Check your business property for down tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves or debris accumulates causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats on non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is a team of specialists, trained in cleanup and care for your business. We are always here to help make disasters “Like it never even happened.” Give our team a call today if you experience any water or fire damage..
Space Heater Safety
Cold temperatures call for some residents to seek out other heat sources in an effort to keep living spaces comfortable. The most common supplemental heat source is a portable space heater. Space heaters are easy to use and can quickly generate heat to warm up a home up from a real cold day. Consider the following these tips to minimize risks of a heating related fire in your home:
- Keep it three feet away from anything that can burn
- Do not use extension cords
- Turn off space heater when leaving the room or going to bed
- Don't use a space heater in a damp or wet area unless it's specifically made for that purpose
- Install smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and test monthly
Do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio (210) 653-4651. We have highly trained technicians with years of experience and certifications to get the job done. Our team is dedicated to help you when disaster strikes!
Emergency Ready Profile
Do you own a small business? You can't always prevent disasters from happening, but you can always be prepared. Start the New Year off by letting SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio help you stay in business by helping you be prepared for unplanned disasters. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. By creating a Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) with SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. The Emergency Ready Profile provides critical details of your facility along with immediate contact information that provides a guide to get you back into your building after a disaster. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business. Be ready and get a free Emergency Ready Profile with SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio, give our office a call at (210) 653-4651. We are dedicated to help make disasters "Like it never even happened."
Exterior Pipe Safety Tips
It’s the holiday season and with that comes cooler holiday temperatures. As the temperatures occasionally drop below freezing here in Texas, consider the safety of your home and prevent disaster striking by not leaving any pipes exposed. Here are a few tips to consider to avoid any busted pipes this holiday season:
- Insulate pipes, especially those close to outside walls, attics or crawl spaces where the chance of freezing is greatest
- Seal air leaks surrounding or near pipes
- Disconnect all outdoor hoses and turn off water to exterior faucets and sprinkler systems
- Keep heat at 55 degrees F. or higher even when you are out of town
- During a cold spell turn on both hot and cold faucets near outside walls to allow a small trickle of water to run during the night
- If you need to be away from home, drain your water system before you go
- Identify the locations of shutoff valves so that you are prepared to stop the flow of water as soon as possible when a pipe bursts
Commercial Water Damage
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Christmas Tree Safety
As the holiday song goes “It’s the holiday season, so whoop-de-do!” During this holiday season, many of us have a beautifully decorated Christmas tree as part of the tradition to the season. It is important that the tree is carefully decorated to ensure a safe holiday season. Over the years, Christmas tree fires have been responsible for property damage. Most resulted from electrical malfunctions from Christmas tree lights such as faulty wiring, plugs, or even having the tree placed too close to a candle or fire place. To help avoid any fire damages, follow these simple steps.
- Ensure trees are secured and sturdy in the tree stand to prevent them from tipping over
- Use tested and UL-approved lighting when decorating trees or other holiday decorations
- Carefully check light strands for frayed, faulty or exposed wiring, broken bulbs or loose bulb connections
- Make sure to water live trees daily; dried out trees increases fire risk
- Ensure artificial trees are fire resistant
- Set up trees at least three feet away from heat sources (lamp, fire places, candles or radiators)
- Make sure tree is not blocking an exit
Your safety is important to us during the holiday season here at SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio. If you experience any type of fire damage do not hesitate to call our team (210) 653-4651. Our team is here to help you when disaster strikes.