Vacation Getaway Safety
Summertime is prime time to travel and a survey shows about one-third of American families are taking the opportunity this summer to go on a summer vacation. But in case of an unexpected disaster, be sure to have your home prepared. Below are a list of things to do to make sure your home is secure when you're off spending time with your family on vacation.
Make arrangements with an Emergency Contact:
- Close friend or neighbor
- Provide emergency contact
- Turn on porch lights
- Collect mail - burglars looks for home with overflowing mail
Protecting your Home:
- Consider getting motion sensor lights, this way, if anyone gets too close to your home, lights will automatically turn on.
- Purchasing an electric timer may be helpful for your home. This allows you to save energy and keep your electricity bill cost lower.
- Keep watch, use the emergency contact above to keep an eye on your home and check it each day to make sure everything is okay.
- Security system is one of the best ways to protect your home while on vacation
Taking Additional Precautions:
- Shut off gas and water at the meter, supply tank or appliance
- Turn off all water valves to any the appliance with waterline
- Unplug all electronics to prevent any electrical shortages
- Make sure smoke detectors working properly before leaving
- Adjust your thermostats to 75-82 degrees, this will help control air usage.
- Be careful what you say. Leaving for vacation is exciting but saying too much may create your home as a target for invasion. Resist the temptation to broadcast your vacation on social media - tell your friends after you return.
- Tell your alarm company- alert the company you will be out of town, especially on an extended trip.
- Lock everything down and secure valuables.
Don't let your summer vacation turn into a water staycation. If an unexpected water event or disaster happens, you know who to call. Give SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio a call (210) 653-4651. We're always prepared when disaster strikes!
Does your Home have Mold?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all molds from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all molds, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If you see any signs of mold, call SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio today – (210) 653- 4651
SERVPRO Of Northeast San Antonio 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today – (210) 653-4651
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio
SERVPRO of Northeast San Antonio specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.